Statutory, Quasi-Statutory and Contractual
Standing Committees required by law, allowed for by law, or required by agreement fall within this category of committees.
May adjudicate conduct of Union members which is inimical to the interests of the Union. Members are appointed at Annual Council.
- Paulette O'Connor, Halifax City, 2023
- Sheri Scott, Halifax County, 2023
- Michelle Goreham, Shelburne County, 2024
- Janet O'Brien, Guysborough, 2024
- Vivianne Abdallah, Dartmouth, 2025
- Janine Kerr, Assistant Executive Director
Distributed Learning Committee
- Andrea Small, Cumberland, 2023
- Ian Kent, Queens. 2024
- Colleen Scott, Colchester-East Hants (2025)
- Simon Wilkin, NSTU Staff Liaison
Investigates charges of conduct unbecoming a member of the teaching profession. Appointed by NSTU Annual Council.
- Isabelle Cotnoir, CSANE, 2023
- Benton Gallagher, Yarmouth, 2023
- Elizabeth Thomas, Digby, 2024
- Allie Coulter, Cumberland, 2024
- Heather Coulter, Pictou, 2025
- Janine Kerr, Assiistant Executive Director
Program Development Assistance Fund (PDAF)
Committee Reviews applications for financial assistance to support innovative curriculum projects and awards grants to successful applicants.
- Theresa Jennings, Dartmouth, 2023
- Kerry Lawrence, Digby, 2024
- Lael Radkey, Department of Education
- Roy Bourgeois, CSAP
- Amanda O'Regan-Marchand, Chair, NSTU Staff Liaison