Annual Council 2021
New Date: April 30 - May 2, 2021
New Location: Halifax Convention Centre, Convention Level C1-C3
Accommodations: Hotel Halifax and the Barrington Hotel (formerly Delta Halifax and Delta Barrington)
Online Registration: February 3, 2020 - March 27, 2020
Registration will open at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, February 3, 2020 - Click here to register
Local Presidents are reminded to send in the names of their Voting & Alternate Delegates as well as Local Observers as soon as they are available.
New for Council 2020
- The President's Reception will take place at the Hotel Halifax in the Baronet Ballrooms on the 8th Floor immediately following the 1st session of Council;
- The HCC has rules concerning outside food and beverages for conferences held at the Convention Centre. If the food and beverage can be provided by the convention centre the locals would have to order it from them. In our case they are willing to permit small table snacks to be brought in by the respective locals but food, soft drinks, and whole fruit would all be required to be ordered through them as those are standard items on their menu. Small table snacks is not something they provide so they are permitting them to be brought in.
- You can view the HCC menu here.
- All sessions will be held on the Convention Level of the Halifax Convention Centre in C1-C3.
- Registration will be held at the Hotel Halifax from 4:15 until 6:45 p.m. on the 1st Floor in the MacDonald/McNab rooms. Late registration will be available in the NSTU Office located in room 101 on the Convention Level at the Halifax Convention Centre.
- The New Delegate Orientation Session will be provided by way of a webinar which will be posted on the NSTU website. A link will be emailed to new delegates in April.
- The Council Workbook will once again be offered to delegates electronically (PDF and flipbook versions). During the online registration process delegates will be asked to select their preference of a paper copy of the Council Workbook or an electronic copy of the Council Workbook (resolution 2014-42). Numbers for printing the Workbook will be based on these responses.
- The Council Awards Luncheon will be held on Saturday, May 2 on the Convention Level in C4 at the Halifax Convention Centre. Email correspondence has been sent to Local Presidents outlining the procedures for Local Service Awards.
Any questions regarding the above can be emailed to Lisa Farmer at email@example.com.