Substitute Teacher Committee
(Operational Procedure 4. Committees - Standing Committees of the Provincial Executive)
P. Substitute Teacher Committee
The Committee shall:
- advise the Provincial Executive on issues affecting and of concern to substitute teachers;
- advise the Provincial Executive regarding workshops for substitute teachers;
- consider such resolutions submitted to Annual Council to make recommendations for Council’s consideration where appropriate; and,
- participate as required in the NSTU Policy Review Process by providing recommendations for the Provincial Executive’s consideration.
II. Composition and Term
- The Committee shall consist of five (5) Members appointed through the Nominating Committee process plus a Provincial Executive Member.
- Preference, where possible, will be given to Reserve Members.
- All Members appointed to the Committee through the Nominating Committee process shall serve a two (2) year term.
- The Provincial Executive Member appointed to the Committee shall serve a renewable one (1) year term.
III. Meeting Frequency
It is anticipated that the Committee can fulfill its mandate in three (3) meetings per year.
Reference: OP4 amended by substitution May 2019; November 2019; December 2020; February 2021; June 2021; September 2021; February 2023.