Substitute Teacher Committee
The mandate of the Substitute Teacher Committee shall be:
- to advise the Provincial Executive on issues affecting and of concern to substitute teachers;
- to consider such resolutions as may be referred by Annual Council and make appropriate recommendations;
- to participate as required in the NSTU Policy Review Process by providing recommendations for the Provincial Executive’s consideration;
- to organize an annual provincially-sponsored conference for Local substitute liaisons.
- The Committee shall consist of five Active and/or Active Reserve members with preference where possible for Active Reserve members.
- The Committee shall also include one member from the Provincial Executive as the Executive representative.
- Appointment to this Committee shall be for a one-year renewable term with consideration given to continuity.
- The appointment of committee members to the Substitute Teacher Committee shall be at the October meeting of the Provincial Executive.
- The annual report of the Committee shall be distributed to substitute teachers following approval by the Provincial Executive.
c. Meeting Frequency
The Committee shall meet three times a year.
Reference: October 29, 1999; March 31, 2000; February 2002; Feb., 2003; June 5, 2004; Aug.13, 2004; February 24-26, 2005; April 1, 2006