The Interview Process
Every interview team is different, every position is different.
In preparation ask the following questions:
- Who will be there? Where will it be held?
- How long are interviews typically? Try to be conscious of your time.
- If you are asked to do a presentation, inquire about the format. Does it involve technology? How long should it be? Make sure you understand what the team wants to hear.
During the Interview
- During the interview, let the team know at the beginning what paperwork or artifacts you have brought and ask how they would like it to be shared.
- Never read a presentation unless you are asked.
- FOCUS on the questions. Be very sure to answer what is asked.
- Ask to have a question repeated if it is unclear, especially if it has multiple parts.
- Interview teams would prefer that candidates took a few moments to gather their thoughts, than to respond in haste. Teams also do not mind if you jot a few quick words to keep you focused (for a few questions).
- Respond with your specific thoughts or experiences. Try to avoid commentary on the questions or lengthy stories.
- Be prepared to be probed for clarification.