Teacher Organizations - Affiliates
The Canadian Teachers' Federation was created in 1920 to ensure that teachers' opinions were heard and taken into account whenever any authority outside provincial jurisdiction was considering action that would affect teachers, or impinge on their work with students. That remains CTF's primary goal.
Active at the interprovincial, national and international levels, CTF is the national voice of teachers in promoting quality education, the status of teachers and equality of opportunity through education.
CTF also coordinates and facilitates the sharing of ideas, knowledge and skills among its thirteen provincial/ territorial Member organizations which, collectively, represent 246,000 teachers.
Canadian Teacher Organizations
Below is a listing of Canadian Teacher Organizations. Just click on the organization's name to go straight to their website.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers' Association
- Prince Edward Island Teachers' Federation
- New Brunswick Teachers' Association
- Association des enseignantes et des enseignants francophones du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Quebec Provincial Association of Teachers
- Elementary Teachers' Federation of Ontario
- Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association
- Ontario Secondary School Teachers' Federation
- Ontario Teachers' Federation
- Manitoba Teachers' Society
- Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation
- Alberta Teachers' Association
- British Columbia Teachers' Federation
- Nunavut Teachers' Association
- Northwest Territories Teachers' Association
- Yukon Teachers' Association
Education International is the world's largest organization of education education, enhancing student achievement, and advancing the status of employees. EI members are collectively engaged in the improvement of educators and their national organisations worldwide. EI also promote and defend trade union and human rights.