Sheonoroil Board of Directors
The Sheonoroil Foundation is a registered charity supporting research, inquiry, reflection, writing, distribution of information and interventions that focus on all forms of violence in the public school and community college systems, including anti-violence and peaceful schools initiatives.
Established by the NSTU in 1999, it operates with a Board of Directors. The Foundation will extend financial resources to any active or retired member of the Nova Scotia Teachers Union, to any group of active or retired NSTU members, or to any group of public school or community college students working in cooperation with a teacher/faculty advisor.
Funding grants shall be awarded to anti-violence programs that have a direct and immediate impact on classrooms, students, teachers, faculty, staff, administration and community.
Board of Directors
- Joan Ling, Chair, Executive Director, NSTU
- Debbie McVeigh, Community College, 2017
- Krista Moore, Digby, 2017 (1 year term replacement)
- Angela Gillis, Halifax City, 2018
- Alison MacPherson, Retired Member, 2018
- Jennifer Field, Cumberland, 2019
- Vera Ryan, Yarmouth, 2018
- Damian Hall, Executive Member
- TBA, Insurance Trustees
- Liette Doucet, NSTU President
- Adela Njie, Executive Staff Officer NSTU