The NSTU Group Insurance Trustees are pleased to introduce CAREpath™, The Cancer Assistance Program. CAREpath™ is a Canadian company that specializes in cancer care. Their services are based on the most up-to-date, evidence-based information available globally. CAREpath™ was started by leading oncologists and oncology nurses who have devoted their entire medical careers to cancer care in Canada and the United States.
As an active or retired NSTU Member, you, your spouse and dependent children now have access to CAREpath’s Navigation Program, a program founded to help cancer patients and their families better cope with the burden of cancer on their lives.
CAREpath’s Cancer Navigation Program is a comprehensive program that provides those recently diagnosed with cancer or a cancer recurrence with ongoing, one-on-one, telephonic counseling, guidance and support by a personal Oncology Nurse, backed by oncology physicians. Your CAREpath™ nurse will be there every step of the way, through treatment, recovery and into survivorship, addressing all questions and working with you, your family and doctors to ensure all of your emotional, medical and treatment needs are met and that everything possible is being done to help.
The CAREpath Navigation Program is based on the most up-to-date, reliable and evidence-based information available and is directed and delivered by world-renowned oncology physicians and highly trained and caring oncology nurses. Through the Navigation System™ Program, your CAREpath team provides:
- Comprehensive emotional support for you and your family,
- Assurance that medical best practices are being utilized throughout treatment,
- Help managing the short and long term side effects of treatment,
- Explanations of your tests and treatments,
- Questions to ask on your first and subsequent visits to your oncologist,
- Advice and support through all treatment phases,
- Information on how to access other support services, if necessary,
- Guidance to alternate treatment locations, if required or requested,
- Specialized advice and support on how to reduce risk of a recurrence or new cancer,
- After treatment is complete, advice on reducing delayed effects of treatment, and dealing with other issues you may face as a cancer survivor
If you are interested in participating in this program, at no cost to you or your family, a CAREpath™ oncology nurse can explain the services to you in more detail. You are not obligated to use CAREpath™ if you don’t want to and the nurses will be able to help answer any questions or concerns you may have. All interaction with CAREpath™ is strictly confidential.
You can email CAREpath™ at email@example.com, or call them at 1-866-883-5956.
To download information click on the item:
This program will commence March 1, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact: